Shawn Whiting, the Community Designer at Against Gravity joins Petr and Azad to discuss the origins and the future of one of the most popular games in VR: Rec Room.
- origins of Rec Room as "WiiSports of VR"
- the variety of results when building a "networked VR app"
- handling major updates to a multi-platform VR app
- Creating the written and unwritten rules of social spaces
- self-moderation vs moderator intervention
- Creative tools to build user generated rooms
- Deciding when to use user-feedback and when not to
- Differences between VR players vs 2D screen players
- currency and in-game economy
recorded in April 2019
Guests: Shawn Whiting
Podcast: Research VR Podcast
ResearchVR Community Links:
Discord Community Channel: https://discord.gg/rrgnxEk
Youtube: ResearchVR Podcast
Patreon: Patreon Page